I guess no one else watched the national championship game either as I had no volunteers to guest post about it. It's quite alright. We're totally into the football burnout period of the sports calendar. Even when I did get off work and in front of a TV, I had a hard time focusing on the game.
Anyway, there's still some good stuff being written about the game today which you should check out. (I swear I'll get away from all this listmaking and back to real posting soon.)
- Real Clear Sports has a list of all the really, really awful puns being made in honor of the national chomp-, ahem, champions.
- Deadspin has the first sad-faced Sooner picture up.
- Rocky Top Talk noted the power of Google. And eye black. And Tim Tebow.
- Missed the game? Here's really all you need to see. I've seen some really amazing picks this year, but Ahmad Blacks? Unfreakinbelievable.
- And finally, Salon (as found by Mickey) dubs the real national champion, Tulane. Yes, the Tulane that finished 2-10. Read the explanation. It's BRILLIANT.