Apparently Americans like to drink because I've been getting tons of hits from people who have Googled "election night drinking game."
With Election Night only a few days away, I turned to the Modern Beau, connoisseur of all things political commentary, to help me come up with a few rules for your Tuesday night election return viewing pleasure.
- Every time the term "battleground state" is uttered, take a drink.
- Every time young voters and Obama are referenced in the same breath, take a drink.
- Every time McCain and Bush are referenced in the same breath, take a drink.
- Every time John King thinks he's John Madden trying to illustrate something on his CNN magical board, take a drink.
- Every time a pundit says "The race was really over when ..." or some variation, take two drinks.
- Every time a battleground state is called for one candidate or the other, the first person to yell "Joe Sixpack" gets to distribute six drinks among as many people as they would like. If you're drinking alone, you might as well drain your drink. It's going to be a long, lonely night.